Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy tickets over the phone?
- Yes you can buy tickets over the phone. Please call:01384 573381 - Monday To Friday 9am until 5pm.
Can I Buy Tickets Online?
- Yes you can buy tickets for all of our events through this website. Click Here for a full list of upcoming events
Can I Buy Tickets In Person?
- Yes, Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm from the *DCVS Office located at: 7 Albion Street, Brierley Hill, DY5 3EE - Approx 200yds from the Civic. *DCVS is the Charity that operates the Civic
I don't have a Paypal account- Can I still Buy Tickets Online?
- Yes, Paypal allow any customer to 'Checkout as a guest'. Even if you already hold a Paypal account you can still select this option and pay via a debit / credit card on their secure payment site.
I have not received my tickets.
- Once payment is completed your tickets are available in your account section Here where they can be downloaded and printed out. They are not posted to you. You will need to log in using the email address and password used when you purchased your tickets.
- We do send an email with every purchase with the link to download your tickets but some email servers (Hotmail for example) filter this email to Junk. Please check your junk folder after purchase and add our emails to your safe list. You will then receive any 'show update' emails from us too.
Why is there a booking fee?
We are simply passing on the costs of processing your purchase. If you are buying tickets online then Paypal and your Credit/Debit Card issuers charge us for the transaction. If you are buying tickets over the phone then we are covering the cost of the administration staff that serve you and the transaction fee by your card organiser. if you pay in person using cash then we covering the cost of the administration staff that serve you and the transaction fee charged by our bank for paying in the cash.
Accessing Your Account
I need to print my tickets.
- You can access your account to print your tickets Here. Just enter your email address and password that you used when purchasing the tickets. Once logged into the system you can click on “Your dashboard: *Account name here*” at the top of the screen, upon clicking this you’ll be able to see your order history under “Completed Orders” or “My Orders”. Your tickets are located here for print or download by clicking the blue "Print" button - this should open the tickets in a new window where they can be printed or downloaded."
I have forgot my password to log in.
- You can request a password reset Here. Just enter your email address that you used when purchasing tickets. Password reset instructions will be emailed to you.
Disabled and Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access is available to all areas of the ground floor. There is only stairway access to the upper floors. The balcony area can only be accessed by stairways. *You must notify the box office prior to booking tickets if you require wheelchair seating.
Are pushchairs Allowed?
We activley discourage people from bringing pushchairs as we just don't have room for them inside the theatre. If there is absolutely no way you could attend an event without a pushchair please email: email@example.com prior to your visit so we can attempt to find a solution.
Why does the layout of the room change each time I visit?
- The layout depends on the event in question and the numbers of tickets sold in advance. For a busy theatre style show we would set up rows of seats, for a disco we would set up a number of tables and chairs with a dance floor, for a younger persons music event we may leave the room completely empty, for an older persons music event we would either use tables and chairs or theatre style seating.
- Our theatre style seating capacity is 695. If we only sell 100 tickets in advance we feel that the room would look empty if we just laid out 5 rows of chairs. Instead we would lay out tables and chairs to give the people coming more room and comfort.
Can I bring my own food and drink to events?
- Usually no, we rely heavily on the sale of food and drinks to sustain the venue. There are certain events where food and drink can be bought in to the venue but these are usually private functions.
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to query a specific event.
- We may allow a customer to bring in food if they require something for medical reasons, we would expect these customers to notify of us of this in advance if this was the case or immediately upon arrival otherwise.
Do You Have Booster Seats For Younger Children?
- No, not yet unfortunately. You are welcome to bring something youself to help raise your child higher so they can see better if you wish. (34cm x 46cm is the area the booster needs to fit.) We are trying to get funding to improve all aspects of our seating and we will make those improvements as soon as the finances allow.